On Camera Technique Class – Level 2
July 10 – August 21, 2019
Available to all who have graduated from EMAS Professional Meisner Program and those who have taken On-Camera Technique 1
For the actor committed to successful film and television auditioning.
There are no scene partners, there are no excuses – this work is all you – on camera.
In Level 2 On Camera Technique, we delve more deeply into:
- Scene structure and how to tell the story and find an effective “button” to the scene.
- Creating an opening moment
- The importance of your eyes and eyeline and how to use them
- Understanding the playing space and stillness and how it improves your game
- Taking control of the audition room
- How to handle physicality like a fight, eating, or a kiss in an audition
- How to handle the callback
With the majority of all auditions for television and film requiring that the actor be put on camera for the casting director and/or producers to review, today’s working actor must possess a solid camera technique that is specific to the audition format. In this course strong cold-read and on-camera skills are developed as well as an empowered perspective of the casting process and a clear understanding of what it truly means to “own” the room.
WHEN: 7 Wednesdays @ 7:00pm
LOCATION: EMAS 11423 Moorpark Street, Studio City
TUITION: $380 ($200 deposit required to hold spot)
INSTRUCTOR: Thom Rivera