Great Speech and understanding of the Voice is as important as ever for the professional actor. This is something British Actors understand fully, and what often gives them a competitive edge in this competitive business.
This acting class is designed to promote the development of a richer, stronger, and more versatile speaking voice. Actors who can clearly communicate as well as envelop the specific speech of the character offer casting directors a specific view of your interpretation and abilities as well as create a much more profound experience for the audience.
In this class, students will:
- Learn the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA)
- Develop a healthy release of jaw, tongue, soft palate and throat tension.
- Gain awareness of their own personal accents, and regionalisms
- Understand how sounds are the building blocks of language and the couriers of emotion
- Explore sound beyond their habitual speech and gain a neutral American sound.
- Fine-tune their ability to hear and identify subtle variations in sounds and dialects and adjust their speech to the particular demands of a wide range of characters.
- Learn how to write in IPA to develop accents.
Enrollment is now open for the upcoming session. Register via the link below or contact us if you have any questions.