The beautiful thing about The Meisner Technique is that it is based on bringing the actor back to his or her emotional impulses and to acting that is firmly rooted in the instinctive. It is based on the fact that all good acting comes from the heart. The Meisner Intensive introduces actors to the foundational exercises of the work. EMAS has transferred this powerful program to an online format where students from all over the world can take advantage of the professional actor training offered by one of L.A.’s most renowned Meisner Training Programs.
This 6-week online course transfers our premier in-person class to the intimate setting of the zoom classroom. This is a rigorous program that meets 3 times a week and requires full commitment from its students. Remaining faithful to our traditional Meisner Technique process students will focus on:
- The ability to really listen and respond
- Shedding defense mechanisms and self-censorship that suppresses truthful behavior
- Developing a unique point of view and an actor’s voice
- Creating the ability to focus and live truthfully in an imaginary moment
- An approach to text that keeps actors connected and emotionally alive
The class meets 3 times a week for 2 hours and does require that students rehearse in between classes.
When: Monday/Wednesday/Friday 2:30pm PST
Start Date: February 2, 2022
Tuition: $690 for 6 weeks