You may already know what to take with you on an acting audition, but do you know how to mentally prepare yourself for it?
What does it take to stand out from the countless numbers of individuals that are vying from the same position that you are?
An acting school can help to train your thoughts, gestures and mind to focus on the task at hand. An acting coach can also give you knowledge to win in all types of acting genres.
Here Are A Few Tips:
• Be confident – when you believe in yourself, it’s easier for others to do the same
• Smile – It helps connect with directors and break the ice (for you at least)
• Build your stage presence – this can be learned through an acting coach
• Practice – it makes the monologue or dialogue run perfectly
• Project your voice – doing otherwise comes off as timidity
• Bring a head shot and resume, this shows preparedness
• Dress for a job, but not for the part, costumes are usually provided
• Early birds catch the first worm, so get there 20 minutes early
Whether you’re going to an arranged audition, or an open casting call, these tips should better prepare you to land the role you’re trialing for. Get the full actor’s checklist at an acting school in LA, who will teach and practice with you.
Emasla is a top-acting school in the heart of Los Angeles. To learn more about class schedules and tuition for the Emasla studio, go here.
And on a final note, believe in yourself, do your best, and everything else will fall into place. Remember, with time and practice, all things become feasible to those who think they can.